Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I be workin' on my fitness.

So with having a ton of time on my hands what with not working and all, I decided to start upping my gym workouts. And that I have done, and more. I lift on M/W/F, and I also do core workouts every day. I try to squeeze in at least 30 minutes of cardio every day in addition to that. I play soccer on Wednesday evenings as well. I just signed up for Denver Boot Camp last week and I had my first session yesterday at 6 am. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I was doing things I don't normally do-mountain climbers, push-ups, and lunges, etc. My glutes are feeling it today! I plan on doing that 3x a week, in addition to strength training at the gym, til the end of August.

I finally started to see results. My "skinny bermudas" which I could not even button last summer now fit me like a glove. I'm seeing more definition in my arms. I'm able to lift more weight now, and my legs are strong. I'm training for the Denver Half Marathon in October, so that will be later in the summer. I am doing the Steamboat triathlon relay with my friends this August-I will be doing the running, of course. I ran a 5k last week, and about died. So I have a long ways to go, but I have some time. In total I have lost 9 lbs. Yes, it is not a large amount, but I'm on the smaller side as is, and that is all the weight I put on last summer. Ideally I would like to be down to 115 lbs, but I would be happy at 120.

I love feeling good and eating healthy. It has taken me awhile to get to eating healthy consistently, and it is tough when my boyfriend doesn't eat well or exercise. Of course, I have my off days, but as long as I continue to work out like I have been I won't feel guilty. I started eating more veggies, and I'm addicted to the Morningstar veggie burgers and buffalo wings! I still eat meat of course, but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. If I do, it's usually skinless chicken breasts. The hardest thing was for me to stop eating bacon! I love Amy's brand frozen meals as well. They're a good quick alternative when I don't feel like cooking.

I just hope I can keep these good habits up, even when I return to work.

1 comment:

  1. Cutting out meat (even if just a substantial portion) does wonders for the body!

    You're definitely a workout inspiration to me :]

    ReplyDelete